We will spend 3 days of wreck diving the pristine wrecks of Lake Erie from the dates of July 26th thru the 28th. We will be diving with Osprey Charters on board their very spacious boat that is setup just for diving. There are plenty of lodging options available locally and we can provide a list of those options upon request. The trip fee includes 3 Days Wreck Diving (120-170 ft), detailed briefings on each wreck, and a Lake Erie Shipwreck Seminar the night of July 25th by author of the best selling book, "Shipwrecks of Lake Erie" Erik Petkovic Sr.
Day 1 (July 26th, 2019) - Suggest wrecks by Erik : One dive on the George Whelan and one dive Dean Richmond
Day 2 (July 27th, 2019) - Suggest wrecks by Erik : One dive on the Oxford / Schooner G and one dive on the Acme
Day 3 (July 28th, 2019) - Two dives (Double Dip) on the wreck of the John J. Boland, Jr. - Depth 140ft to the bottom - One dive on the bow, and one on the stern
Note: While we will attempt to match this schedule exactly; weather and other factors out of the control of Osprey Charters / Southern Maryland Divers may force us to make minor changes. If changes to the itinerary are made; wrecks of similar depth and skill factor will be substituted.**
Diver Pre-reqs and other fine print:
· All divers are required to at a minimum Advanced Open Water Certified. It is highly suggested that divers are drysuit certified and comfortable diving in a drysuit or at a minimum comfortable diving in cold water with appropriate thermal protection. Nitrox is also highly suggested due to depth ranges to extend bottom time.
· Divers should have recent experience in large open water diving conditions. All divers should carry at least one audible (whistle etc.) and visual (SMB etc.) signal device.
· Wreck penetration and decompression diving will be expressly prohibited unless you have advanced wreck / decompression diving training or or are conducting advanced wreck or decompression training class with our staff.
· Remember both trip insurance and diver medical insurance. Southern Maryland Divers requires all Technical students to carry DAN (or equivalent) medical insurance
· Remember cash for tips. The staff of Osprey Dive Charter will work hard for us, and we need to make sure we take care of them in return. Typical tip for a 2-tank dive is $5 per tank, $10 if service is excellent.
· All trips include boat ride only. Tanks, weights, gas, and all other gear is the responsibility of the diver.
Trip Cost - $375.00 per diver - 6 dives
**Includes personalized signed copy of Erik's book "Shipwercks of Lake Erie"!
Full amount of trip is due upon booking. Travel and lodging is NOT included with this trip. Travel and lodging is the responsibility of each participant.
Rental gear is available from Southern Maryland Divers and will need to be transported to and from our shop by the diver renting the gear. Please arrange these rentals in advance with us. Tank fills are available at the boat after your day of diving is complete.
60 days out from the first day of the trip, the trip fee is non-refundable unless you find someone to fill your spot (Trip Insurance!)
Refunds due to extenuating circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis but it is highly recommended and very affordable to get trip insurance. Plans can be found through Divers Alert Network.
Trip cancelation due to charter or dive shop fault will be refunded in full. Individual charter dives canceled due to weather will be refunded for each individual charter that was canceled upon trip completion from Southern Maryland Divers.
Please contact the shop to arrange a deposit and or payment.
Call us at (443) 295-3225 or Email us!
Southern Maryland Divers, llc
Lake Erie Dive Trip - July 26-28th, 2019